Thursday, February 3, 2011

Well Now You Know......

Something has pumped my cookies. Aren't you lucky enough to get to hear my thoughts on it!
I know I promised you my thoughts on Political Correctness, so here are some of them.
Lets start with Kenneth Cole's "faux pas". Ok, so a bunch of Egyptians don't like their president (bear with me, I am NOT a big news watcher) and have decided to make a mess of their own country to let him know. Well, whatever works, hope they realize someone has to clean it up. So..Kenneth Cole (a big time fashion designer for those of you like me who are completely out of the loop) "tweeted" this: "Millions are in uproar #Cairo. Rumor has it they heard our spring collection was available online...." This set off people saying he was insensitive to what was going on and he removed the tweet. I say BLAH BLAH BLAH!! I mean really...REALLY? Why on Earth is this a problem? Did Kenneth Cole go out and tell these people to riot and act like fools just to promote his clothes line? Now that would be wrong. I am so tired of people getting in an uproar about things that are trivial! LET IT GO PEOPLE!!! There are more important things in America to worry about other than if everyone has selected the proper words when they speak as not to offend ANYONE.
Think about that, is it really possible to never offend ANYONE? There will always be someone who doesn't like something that is said. Especially when you are speaking to a large group. Haven't we learned that you just can't please everyone? Today everyone is so worried about offending people that they change words daily to where no one can keep up with what is proper to say anymore. Is there one person in charge of that task? I would like to have the "word chooser" job. What are the requirements for that position? I really don't think they would hire me!
Ok, on to the next topic! Did anyone see the story on the woman on Dr. Phil who put hot sauce in her sons mouth when he lied and made him take cold showers? In fairness I didn't see the show, I am not a fan of it, but I read an article on her. She is now arrested and charged with child abuse because PEOPLE were outraged and got the police involved saying she was abusing her son. Ok so I have to say cold showers are a bit over the top for my taste. We tried hot sauce, but my daughter liked it, so soap was our choice. Now here is what gets my cookies...we are not to correct our children for lying, how about stealing? Is that a correctable offense? Is there a manual telling us the legal way to teach our children to be respectable, responsible adults? Do people realize that these children will one day be leaders of our country? Wait, sorry I forgot that being truthful is NOT a requirement for that job.
So, we can't spank, use soap,or hot sauce so that leaves time outs. Well those work for toddlers (insert eye roll here). How about for older children, lets say 6 and up. Are we allowed to send them to their rooms? What form of punishment is allowed? Maybe if we went back to the day when you got soap or hot sauce in your mouth for lying and cursing and a spanking for misbehaving this world wouldn't be such a mess. Maybe, just maybe, the jails wouldn't be so full, kids wouldn't think they were above the law, and we just might raise decent, respectable children.....but I guess that wouldn't be politically correct!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Listen to tinkermom43s Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

swagbucks