Thursday, January 27, 2011

A Sad Day

On Sunday night we lost our sweet little dog, Azima (pronounced Ozzie-ma). She was the best dog I have ever owned, and trust me I have had a few! She got sick on Saturday and died in just over 24 hours. We have no idea what happened.
I blame the dog food (got to blame something right) so I have been cooking for our other two dogs for all of this week. I can honestly say, I love them, but this is getting old! Of course I won't feed them the dog food in question, I will buy new.
Our dear sweet little dog left behind 4 beautiful, healthy little pups. Three of which will make some family very happy pet owners. Yes, you read right three. Ok, so that runt is the one my husband is "undecided on keeping". Clearly we have all decided that keeping him is a good idea. I mean Azima would have wanted that, right? And certainly we can't have just two dogs! Our youngest isn't allowed to sleep in our bed yet, I don't want him to sleep alone. Not to mention we are insane around here and one more dog wouldn't be noticed...much.
We will all miss Azima very much. She was playful yet laid back, you could always count on her to give you loves when you needed it most. We rescued her and gave her a wonderful life.
My girls have learned to much about death in the past year. Time for a new lesson. Time to rediscover how wonderfully complicated life can be, yet simple at the same time. Time to notice the little things. Time to slow down and be thankful for everything, not just the good, but the bad to. Yes, that means thankful for even the pee on the floor that we have to clean up caused by the two healthy puppies we have. Going to pat their sweet little heads and clean up the trash they just pulled out now! =)

1 comment:

Listen to tinkermom43s Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

swagbucks