Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Sorry, This is Just Plain Ranting!

Ok, I know I promised you all that I would post about my feelings on Political Correctness. I am sure you were all waiting on the edge of your seats for those profound words. Well something else is stuck in my craw and you will just have to hear a little about that.
So, Christmas has come and gone. School has resumed and brought the promises of L.E.A.P right along with it. For those of you outside of Louisiana, L.E.A.P is a standardized test that fourth and eighth graders take. If they don't pass this test they will fail for the year. Doesn't matter what your grades for the year are (I mean you could have straight A's and still fail for the year) you will not pass.
Now personally L.E.A.P makes me want to do just that LEAP and not in a good way, like in the abandon ship way! I really think that all the pressure and stress that is being put on young children is appalling. Really I think it should be considered a form of child abuse! So far I have heard "The teacher says the test is real hard." "We are practicing our essays for L.E.A.P." "Tomorrow we have to practice the math part of L.E.A.P" So, where is Art, Music, or heck Reading, Spelling ect.? Oh I know they are in there too, but right now its all about stressing our kids out beyond belief. Like they don't have a lifetime to experience stress, lets add some adult created junk to the mix. What happened to just being able to be kids? What happened to Reading, Writing and Arithmetic? Its gone, all gone. Now reading counts for something, math has all new definitions of its own, and writing...well writing is directed and prompted.
Now I understand bullying, they are taking their frustrations out on other students! Yes, I know that is not necessarily a fact, but think about it....
L.E.A.P needs to go. Plain and simple it needs to go. It doesn't create better students or better teachers or even better schools. Its all about Federal Funding, REALLY?!?!?! The government makes schools EARN money to teach our kids at the sacrifice of our children.
Now don't you just feel warm and fuzzy inside?
Oh, and don't worry I promise to enlighten you with my thoughts on Political Correctness one day soon! Just kidding....maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Listen to tinkermom43s Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

swagbucks