Friday, January 7, 2011

What a Great Idea!!!

I was just reading a short article in the "Focus on the Family" magazine called "thriving family". If you don't get this magazine, I highly suggest you start! They have great articles, wonderful age appropriate ideas for the kiddos and great info on sharing the Gospel with your children using teachable moments.
Anyway...they had a list of 50 unique New Years Resolutions. Everything from turning off the televsion one night and spending family time to writing last years resolutions on toilet paper and having a flushing party. Here is my favorite "have ice cream for breakfast and cereal for dinner"!
Thanks to my cousin (although my kids think it was my novel idea, all the credit goes to my cuz)my kiddos get to eat anything they want for breakfast on Saturday mornings. They love it! We have been doing this for about 8 years now. Ice cream, been there done that. My favorite breakfast was when B made Jo an Hershey's syrup and jelly bean sandwich! Clearly this was done when we were sleeping! They decided quickly that it was not the best sandwich in the world and haven't made it again.
Oh I know breakfast is the most important meal of the day...blah, blah, blah. Ice cream, candy, chips, left overs whatever it is they want its FUN!!!! For them Saturday mornings is the "coolest ever!" and they look forward to it. I have even heard them planning earlier in the week what they plan to find on Saturday.
So this week or next week, give it a try! Oh, but try to skip the Hershey/jelly bean sandwich!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Listen to tinkermom43s Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

swagbucks